The building known today as Marriott's Warehouse dates from the 1580s and is Listed Grade II*. The name is taken from the Marriott brothers who owned or leased several granaries on the South Quay in the later 19th century.
Between 1550 and 1700 most of the warehouses along the Ouse bank were rebuilt in brick but this example has a lower storey in stone (possibly from the dissolved Friaries as stone was expensive).
It was an important warehouse for the trade in salt, beer, wine and building materials. Ships would dock inside to unload cargo, its stone lower storey protecting against the tides as it stood out in the Wash, long before the quayside was built up around it.
Currently historic models of the Lynn quayside and important town buildings are on display on the Warehouse first floor.